Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Review: Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle

No, I didn't pay to see this. God bless Bit-torrent.

I laughed a few times during this odd teen/gross-out comedy, but nowhere near as much as I thougth I would. There was some serious hype that this would be an above average comedy. 73% at RottenTomatoes.com can be very misleading.

The story is just as it sounds. Two stoners want to go to White Castle. Along the way, problems ensue. Probably the highlight of the film is when Neil Patrick Harris shows up and steals the car to go find some loose ladies. Bizarre, but it was laugh-out-loud funny.

The chracters are interesting but I felt they were underdeveloped. More importantly, the clever racial commentary that comes out from time to time could have been used more often to much greater results. These parts of the film are easily the funniest and don't stoop to the level of gross-out humour found in the American Pie movies. If you've seen one scatological joke, you've seen them all. Well, maybe not until you've seen two girls play "Battle-s***." If that peeks your interests, maybe you'll enjoy this more than I did.

Marginal recommendation... but you could do better with little trouble. GO SEE GARDEN STATE!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pie Man said...

I KNEW this would be a stoner movie. ah well. smoke pot... it's the only way. Was this better than Dude, Where's My Car?

American Pie 3 was probably the best "teen gross-out humour movie" I've seen. *shrug*

4:48 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home