Saturday, September 25, 2004

And the winner is...

Muse! Wow! That was easily one of the best concerts I have ever been to in my entire life. The Commodore was packed and people were rushing the stage the second the opening act finished. When the three members took the stage, this wave of presence just washed over everyone. The screams of elation of just the sight of these guys was louder than the amps! And here I was thinking it would be a nice rock show... I was wrong.

They busted into apocalypse Please off their newest album and just kept going up from there. The frontman was just astoundingly talented (as were the other members mind you) and did such a visceral assault on my senses that I was left speechless when the set was over. He played his guitar with authority, as if the gods of rock had raised him to be the messiah of music. This may sound like overkill, but if it does, it's just another sign of how you weren't there. It was just amazing.

The only fault of the entire show was the sound. I was smack dab in the middle of the stage and 2 people widths from the security gate. There is no P.A. pointed in that area so all you can hear from there is stage volume. This proved to be a problem since all I could hear was music. The vocals were washed out by all the screaming. The only songs I could make out words for are the ones where the crowd sang along... which happened more often than I thought it would have.

All in all, great show. I will be seeing them next time they come for sure. Of course, that will probably be in the Pacific coliseum or other large venue...

1 Comments:

Blogger Pie Man said...

Too lazy to try and find their music.
I'm still VERY saddened by the fact that I cannot transfer my music files from work to home, due to the lack of remote networking skills, the lack of a burner, and/or the lack of a working USB hdd player. I tried to use my friend's HDD player, but the drivers wouldn't install rigght, and the software wouldn't recognize the player even though the USB cable was plugged in, with the drivers "installed".

hence, the lack of willpower. Seeing all those music files go to waste. :(

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home